Many of our fans have been enjoying Thunder Alley throughout the Playoffs, but we know some of you might be headed down there for the first time tonight or Monday. So what does every Thunder fan need to know to get the most out of Thunder Alley?
1. Find something blue. Get your Thunder gear on before heading to Thunder Alley, and you’ll fit right in. Is your wardrobe a bit lacking? Head to the Thunder Shop in the arena before the game (they’ll shut the outside entrance around 6), or gather ’round the merchandise trailer to gear up. Word to the wise – if you’re meeting friends in Thunder Alley, don’t just tell them “I’ll be the one in the blue shirt.” You’ll want to get more specific.
2. Wash your face. Face painters and a caricature artist will be on hand, so make sure your cheeks are clean and ready for paint and pictures.
3. Have a camera handy. You never know what’s going to happen in Thunder Alley, so be ready to capture the memories. Whether it’s your child cruising down an inflatable slide, your friends dancing to the band’s music or your crazy aunt letting out a whoop and a holler after a big Thunder play flashes on the big screen, get it on camera. Make sure nobody else misses the moment by emailing pix to email@example.com, vids to firstname.lastname@example.org or by tagging us with an @-reply on Twitter.
4. Bring your appetite. We’ll have some food vendors on hand and $2 beers at the Budweiser Beer Garden, so you don’t have to fuel up before you head to the block party. You might find it easiest to stock up on cash in advance, though.
5. Lawn chair? Yes, please. Planning on watching outside on the big screen? Grab a lawn chair and get there early to set up a spot. Of course, if you’re just way too excited to sit during the game, there’s plenty of standing room to be had, too.
6. Wear your lucky whatever. If you’re looking to get last-minute tickets for the game, wear your lucky T-shirt, jeans, underwear or whatever and get in line for the Thunder Rewards Zone. Register by 6, then cross your fingers and toes as we announce who’s going to have a chance to win or buy tickets at 6:30.
7. Bring the THUNDER. It’s a nice day today, but it’s going to be Thunderous outside the arena. Bring the energy, bring the passion, bring the noise – in other words, bring the Thunder and cheer on your team!
- Karina Henderson